Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Teacher's Letter To Duncan Posted On Blog

The Washington Post (4/12, Strauss) reports in its "Answer Sheet" blog carries a post from "Christine McCartney, an English Language Arts high school teacher in Newburgh Free Academy in Newburgh , NY" in which she criticizes school reform efforts. She addressed the letter to Secretary Duncan. She writes, "I will not be leaving the teaching profession anytime soon. ... In spite of the fact that you consistently attempt to find new ways to hijack the time I spend teaching, planning, collaborating, reflecting, researching, conferencing, bettering myself, and addressing my students' needs, I manage to complete all of the menial administrative tasks you mandate in an effort to comparatively measure my efficacy in the classroom."

No comments:

Post a Comment