Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Opinion: Students, teachers shouldn't be Facebook friends

Some think it's perfectly OK for students and teachers to be Facebook friends, while others say it is a major violation of privacy for both. A few months ago, one of my teachers sent me a friend request. I thought it was funny and random, so I gladly accepted. I did not realize that I put my entire life out in the open for my teacher to judge. After a few weeks, my teacher started messaging me to remind me about homework and tests. I soon realized that no matter how many privacy controls that I put on, the idea of being friends with my teacher was a bad one. Read more of this opinion piece by Ritika Iyer, teen correspondent for the Contra Costa Times, at MercuryNews.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment